Wednesday 10 November 2010

Silhouette problem

It is hard to know what an image is going to look like when it becomes a silhouette. I created a drawing of a man flying through the air because he is being shot. It looked good as a sketch but when I removed the detail it became a blob. I may try to use it anyway but change the shape, at the moment I am undecided. I will be adding the man shooting him which may put it into context.


Certain things do not translate as well when they are a silhouette such as hands and feet. Hands are hard because of the placement of the thumb can make it look strange. 

I have decided to recreate the man being shot. Before I have created sketches and then filled them in. This time I will just draw the basic shape of the character. This may not look as convincing because there will be less detail but it will be a faster process. 

This is the finished image. I am happy with the results. I hid the 'shooter' in the background which looked better because it adds a subtlety to the piece and adds relevance to the background. I added a blood splatter against the mans head with a crimson colour which may be stereotypical but I think its looks good and adds to the narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment